If you're a data person, SSA has released their annual statistics for SSDI for 2007.
Some highlights include
- Disability benefits were paid to more than 8.1 million people.
- Benefits were terminated for 522,349 disabled workers.
- Average age was slightly over 52.
- Men represented about 53 percent.
- Mental disorders was the diagnosis for about a third
- 37.7% of people with disabilities in the U.S. population were in employment in 2006
- people with disabilities earned an average of $33,109 compared with $43,269 for non-disabled employees.
Thanks for supporting Maine VRC.